The Bucktail Watershed Association (BWA) is a concerned group of citizens united to promote wise watershed stewardship for property & stream protection in the Driftwood Branch and the First Fork
BWA Watershed Description
The Bucktail Watershed Association covers two watersheds.
The Driftwood Branch of the Sinnemahoning Creek and the First Fork of the Sinnemahoning Creek.
All tributaries that feed into these streams are also covered by our watershed association.
What is a Watershed?
A watershed is the geographical area of land drained by a specific body of water such as a lake, river, or stream.
Why should we be concerned about watersheds?
The quality of water in a river or stream is affected by all activities occurring within its watershed. We need to protect the entire watershed in order to maintain high water quality in our streams.
- Annual Stream / Roadside cleanup along the Driftwood Branch - March 26, 2017, 12 noon in Cameron
- 2017 Annual Canoe and Kayak Classic - April 1, 2017 - Save the Date!!
- Winter 2016/2017 BWA Newsletter
- April 2016 - BWA Wins Prestigious Conservation Stewardship Organization Award
- October 2016 - BWA position on proposed ATV activities in Cameron County
- June 2016 - Coordinator position available
- Winter 2015/2016 BWA Newsletter
- Summer 2015 BWA Newsletter
- Fourth Annual 'Driftwoodstock' - September 19th, 2015
- Winter 2014/2015 BWA Newsletter
- Third Annual 'Driftwoodstock' - September 20th, 2014
- Summer 2014 BWA Newsletter
- Winter 2013/2014 BWA Newsletter
- Second Annual 'Driftwoodstock' - August 24th, 2013
- Summer 2013 BWA Newsletter
- Winter 2012/2013 BWA Newsletter
- First Annual 'Driftwoodstock' - August 25th, 2012
- Winter 2011/2012 BWA Newsletter
- Summer 2011 BWA Newsletter
- April 2, 2011 - 37th Annual Cameron County Canoe and Kayak Classic
- March 27th, 2011 - Driftwood Branch Stream Cleanup
- Winter 2010/2011 BWA Newsletter
- Summer 2010 BWA Newsletter
- Winter 2009/2010 BWA Newsletter
- January 5, 2010 presentation: Gas Well Drilling and Water Quality
- Japanese Knotweed Eradication Update
- BWA Invasive Plants Letter of Interest (pdf) - For all landowners who want to get rid of Japanses Knotweed!
Click here to join the BWA today!
Annual Stream / Roadside cleanup
along the Driftwood Branch
March 26, 2017, @ noon in Cameron
Annual Canoe and Kayak Classic
April 1, 2017 - Save the Date!!